What is Behavioral Targeting?
Behavioral Targeting is the technique of using behavioral data to target the right audience. Unlike SEO, behavioral targeting with ads and videos allow brands to show targeted ads including video ads to online shoppers. This increases the relevance of your advertisements and their effectiveness and is mostly used by publishers and advertisers for marketing purposes and in some cases, personalization as well. Using ads within platforms like YouTube can truly be a huge benefit to your business especially
What is behavioral data?
Behavioral data as the term itself implies the data obtained from the behavior of a user such as:
• The pages they viewed
• Or their search history
• Ads and buttons clicked
• Time spent on a website
And other information that may tell us about the user’s interests etc.
Types of behavioral Targeting
There are majorly two types of behavioral Targeting.
1. Network behavioral targeting:
In this type of behavioral Targeting, the audience is categorized on basis of factors like interests, purchases etc. The data used comes from the advertiser’s site and includes device identifying information, for instance, cookies, IP or MAC addresses, etc.
This data is then interpreted by certain algorithms and tells us about the age, gender, interests of a person, etc. this information can then be used to display specifically customized advertisements to people that they are likely to click on.
2. Onsite Behavioral Targeting:
This type of behavioral Targeting is used for a website’s personalization and helps in designing a streamlined and relevant experience for the audience. The advertisements that are displayed to the users are based on behavioral data, but only what was collected from the same site.This type of Targeting helps the advertisers in making the users experience relevant, and this way, they see ads that match their interest and so they spend more time on the website, which increases the engagement of the website and also makes the user more likely to buy products from that site.
Behavioral Targeting and its benefits for both the advertisers and the users:
After the technique of behavioral Targeting is applied, the ads that are displayed to the user become more relevant and make things interesting for the user. As for the marketers, it benefits them in many ways that include;
• Increase in the user engagement with the website
• Increase in the number of ad click-throughs of the website
• Increase in the conversion rate
• Reminders alerts and notifications for new products that the user is interested in
• Shopping experience made more exciting
• Increase in the efficiency of the online shopping process
How behavioral Targeting works in 4 simple steps?
- Collecting cookies from websites of the users
- Making a user profile by forming data such as their interests, age, gender, etc. using the cookies
- Classifying the users into different market groups depending upon their behavioral data
- Targeting the users with the right advertisementsBehavioral
Targeting is a simple technique with many benefits, as discussed earlier for both the audiences and the advertisement agencies. If you have any questions relating to behavioral targeting and even programmatic advertising shoot us an email at info@GoFloridaSEO.com or check out our Contact Us page here for more information.